St. Michael’s Ridge Bulletin
05480 Moser Road, Defiance, OH 43512
419-497-2161 Email: email@example.com
WEEKLY MASS SCHEDULE
July 20, 2020 – July 26, 2020
Mon. – July 20, 2020 +St Apollinaris, Bishop
*No Mass – Father Jake day off
Tues. – July 21, 2020 +St. Lawrence of Brindisi, Priest
*Mass – St. Isidore/Bend 7:00 PM
“Mass Intention” Rose Hanna
by Chris & Christine Stuckey
Wed. – July 22, 2020 +St Mary Magdalene
*Adoration – St. Isidore/Bend 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
*Holy Hour with Adoration & Confession 6:00 PM
*Mass – St. Michael’s Ridge 7:00 PM
“Mass Intention” Armando Hernandez & Matteo Krueger
Thur. – July 23, 2020 +St. Bridget, religious
*Adoration – St. Isidore/Bend 8:00 AM. – 7:00 PM
*Confessions 8:30 AM
*Mass – St. Isidore/Marysdale 9:00 AM
“Mass Intention” Larry Becher
by Bob & Monica Hearne
Fri. – July 24, 2020 +St. Sharbel Makhluf, priest
*Mass – St. Michael’s Ridge 9:00 AM
“Mass Intention” Jerry Holek
Sat. – July 25, 2020 +St James, apostle
*Confessions 3:45 PM
*Mass - St. Isidore / Delaware Bend 4:30 PM
“Mass Intention” Deb Shininger by Irene Zipfel
*Mass - St. Michael’s Ridge 6:30 PM
“Mass Intention” Denny Coressel
by Martha Coressel & family
Sun. – July 26, 2020 Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
*Mass - St. Michael’s Ridge 8:30 AM
“Mass Intention” Albert & Marion Mekus
by Christine Webb
*Mass - St. Isidore / Marysdale 10:00 AM
“Mass Intention” Shirley Guilford
by Chris & Christine Stuckey Family
· St. Mike’s – Wednesday 6:00 pm Holy Hour with Adoration & Confession
· Bend – Tuesday 6:30 pm; Saturday 3:45 pm
· Marysdale – Thursday 8:30 am
· St. Isidore/Bend: Wednesdays 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· St. Michael’s: Wednesdays 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
· St. Isidore/Bend: Thursdays 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
PLEASE ADD THESE PEOPLE TO YOUR
Mike Ricica, Cathy Weber, Val Barber, Anita Bertsch,
Tom Ricica, Mark Schafer, Connie Flory, Thayer Herr,
Frances Stehulak, Brandi Mickelson,
Mary Wagner, Chad Giesige, Denny Fronk, Betty
Adelman and Jean Keller, (Sisters to Anita Bertsch),
Dan Miller, Joe Wagner, Jackson Fortman, Shawn
Fortman, R.J. Fortman, Rosanne Fisher, Michael
Grieselding, Fr. Bob Holden, Marisa Larimer,
Brooke (Liska) Homier, and Fr. Bob Kill
*Email Claudia Burkholder at firstname.lastname@example.org to update prayer list*
Sixteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time
1. Please pray for the repose of my cousin, Tate Agnes Foran, who was murdered in Georgia recently. She was a beautiful, faithful young woman who lived her Catholic faith with enthusiasm. Please pray for her parents Bobby and Laura Foran and her siblings Trey, Tucker, and Tess. Bobby is a retired fire chief for Douglasville, Ga. Please pray for Edward Lee Cherry, who is alleged to have committed the homicide of my cousin while carjacking. He is also wanted for two murders in Jacksonville, Florida. May God bring healing to our families that are wounded by violence and death.
2. CCD books and materials are being ordered by Alison Garcia and Ronda Fabiano as we prepare for a new year of catechesis.
3. Prayer intentions: Please keep the prayers for healing of the COVID pandemic and the need for rain on the crops in your daily intentions.
4. St. Mike’s Parish Center Meeting was held this past Wednesday and here is an update. We met before the COVID19 lockdown and learned that the cost of the original plan went from 960,000 to 1.3 million dollars. The architect Jerry Overmyer was asked to make a smaller, more affordable building for the ballpark of 800,000-900,000 dollars. The council was in agreement that we cannot afford the original plan and the we should gather another cost analysis for both buildings. In the meantime, we are asking to draw up plans to submit to bidders for the smaller of the buildings. 4 people were chosen to assess the plans with Jerry before we submit them to the bidders: Nancy Stahulak, Sue Beck, Kevin McCann, and Eric Weber. The committee is also in agreement to do sealed bids that will be mailed to the parish priest and opened with the committee and the need for a timeline was discussed too. We presently have 609,403.98 cash on hand. Thank you to all who have been giving to this cause.
God bless you all, Fr. Jake
“AROUND OUR PARISH”
St. Isidore Retreat Postponed
St. Isidore/Marysdale is youth weekend retreat has been postponed due to COVID-19. The retreat will be rescheduled at a later date.
Preparing for Marriage
Please pray for the following couples who are preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony later this year:
July 25 - Alicia Little and Dustin Colvin, St. Michael’s
August 8 - Joe Macsay and Ashtyn Bauer, St. Johns
September 12 – Abby Parrot & Kurt Kahle, St. Michael’s
September 26 – Brett Dietrich & Anna Doctor, St. Michael’s
December 12 – Emily Culler & Brooks Grine, St. Isidore
Question of the Week
According to St. John's Gospel, in what languages was the inscription 'Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews' written on Christ's Cross?
Last week’s: What year did Virgin Mary visit the three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal?
The Andrew Dinner schedule is set for the upcoming year. Join Bishop Daniel Thomas and other local priests for dinner, prayer, and an opportunity to learn more about the diocesan priesthood. Participants should be accompanied by their parish priest. This event is for young men who are high school juniors and seniors and men in college. Contact Father Phil Smith in the Office of Diocesan Priestly Vocations at (419) 244-6711 ext. 4945 or email@example.com for more information:
Sunday, November 1, 2020 from 6 PM - 8 PM at Ottoville, Immaculate Conception Parish
Sunday, November 22, 2020 from 6 PM - 8 PM in Sandusky
Prayer Vigil for Life
Thurs., July 23, 2020 – 6 p.m. at Capital Care Network, 1160 W. Sylvania Ave. in West Toledo.
Join Rev. David Kidd of St. Joseph Parish, Toledo, and the pro-life community of NW Ohio for an hour-long prayer vigil at Toledo’s last remaining abortion facility. For more info, contact Peter Range, Director of the Office for Life and Justice, at 419.214.4933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org